It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Repeating tasks 

Post Repeating tasks
Repeating tasks is really not working. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I have a number of daily repeating tasks that I rely on to keep my life balanced. I keep them all in the same folder

I check most, but not all off every day. So I have a saved view in both Toodler and Toodledo that shows items from this folder that are due today or overdue.

Yesterday the list looked good on the pre, so I used toodler for the first time as my primary task interface. I checked off what I could (I was on vacation so I didn't do everything). Most of these events should have regenerated for today.

This morning I looked at my Pre, none of the tasks had regenerated.

I looked at the web interface, all of the tasks were there

So I thought, "the repeating is handled by the web so I just need to sync the pre to get the updated due dates"

So I sync the pre and there is no change

However, now the web interface is the same as the pre and all the items that were due today are now pushed into tomorrow.

This is a real problem for me using toodler. The whole point of me using the app is to keep track of these daily tasks. Help please.

Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

Post Re: Repeating tasks
Could you provide some additional info to help me understand what you're trying to do? It sounds like your tasks are set to repeat daily, but are they set to repeat from duedate or from completion?

What happens if you create a task with a duedate today, set it to repeat daily from duedate, then mark it complete and sync. For me, after syncing I have a new task with tomorrow as the due date. Is this what you are trying to do? In future screenshots of toodledo.com, could you include the date column so I can see what the differences are?

Thanks! I'd really like to fix this for you.

Thu May 13, 2010 11:41 am

Most tasks repeat daily, though some are weekdays only, some are weekly, some are monthly, some are yearly.

These are all the tasks that I have collected over the years that if done consistently keep my life in balance.

Most are set to repeat from completion. That is because I may or may not get to all of them in one day. So, task A may be due on day 1, but I don't get to it. Day 2, it shows up in my list still because it is overdue. So say I don't get to it day 2 either, say I get to it on day 3. If I chose "repeat from due date" the daily repeat would reschedule from day 1 to day 2, it would still be overdue and still show up in my list on day 3 and I would have to check it off again.

So I choose "repeat from completion". Now when I check it off on day 3, it reschedules to day 4 and is no longer on my list.

That is how it works on toodledo.

On the pre I check it off on day 3, it disappears, and I am unsure what happens next. I wait till day 4 and they are not displaying, I sync on day 4 and it pushes all the toodledo tasks to day 5. I have to wait till tomorrow to see what happens next, to see if they come back to my list on the pre.

Thanks for your help.

Thu May 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Thanks for the extra info - it enabled me to find a bug causing Toodler to always send "null" for the completed date, and Toodledo.com deals with this by considering the completed date to be that day (the day of the sync). I never noticed this because having the completed date as the day of the sync was always what I intended because I sync frequently when testing. I have fixed this and now if you have a daily repeating task from completion, and you complete in on the 12th, and sync on the 13th, the new task will show up after the sync with a due date of the 13th (whereas before it would show up on the 14th.) Try out the new beta I'll post later tonight and let me know if it solves your issue. Thanks!

Thu May 13, 2010 8:38 pm

That is wonderful!

Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm