It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Beta issue/suggestion 

Post Beta issue/suggestion
I tried adding this to the .10 thread but it won't add it.

A couple of things:

First, when we I was syncing for the first time, the "syncing" notification came on and off the screen many times. Could it just be persistant? I was thinking initially it was a bug, it looks a little strange, but it seems that it's just a bug in the sense of coming on and off - the syncing itself went fine.

Second, since I now have both Toodler2 and Toodler Beta on my Pre, I would like some way to distinguish them so I know which one to start. The way I've seen this done in some places is simply to change the icon so that the beta has a little label on it that says "beta" (see FourSquare or Tweed).

Thanks and also, I don't know if you do Twitter, but if not, it might be a good way to spread word about the app. I've posted a few tweets about it, but it would be nice to be able to refer to the author's twitter acct. when doing so :)

Thu May 06, 2010 11:54 am

Post Re: Beta issue/suggestion
Sorry one other request. I like that you can now sort by Tags, but I think it would also be useful to sort by Time Length. In GTD, you determine what to work on next by a combination of how long it will take, how much "energy" it will take (which I use tags for), and a third factor which David Allen doesn't spell out very well, but essentially equates with "intuition." Anyway, length of time is one thing that would be helpful, since it's always easier to knock off the tasks that are deemed to take minimal time first...

Thu May 06, 2010 3:28 pm

Thanks for the comments and good ideas. I'm not sure what the issue is with the .10 thread, but I'll see if it's anything obvious. On the "syncing" notification, I think that will be fixed by the changes I am making to syncing. I like the idea of altering the icon for the Beta. (Obviously the base icon itself could also use some work) Sorting by length is easy to add, so I'll put that in one of the new versions.

Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Great, thanks!

Thu May 06, 2010 4:01 pm