It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

A few suggestions 
Post A few suggestions
Ethan, glad to see this app. I was working on an almost identical one, and you've freed up a few weekends for me!

A few suggestions and minor bug reports:
1. It seems like the sync is pretty fast but it makes the app unresponsive for a few seconds. It might be less confusing if you added a spinner while the sync completes

2. The counts that appear in the scenes for folders, contexts, etc seem to include completed tasks; it would be much more useful to only include uncompleted counts there.

3. Stars seem problematic. I don't use stars personally, but I notice that some tasks appear with two stars (one true, one false) in the list. If I click into the task it's corrected when I swipe back to the list, but then other ones are doing the same thing.

4. It's defaulting to 6pm due time for every task I create. It would be better to default to no due time.

These are just aesthetic suggestions, feel free to ignore:

5. I don't like the palm-group div around the main list. It seems unnecessary and takes up precious screen real estate.

6. The headers seem unnecessary, too.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:52 pm

Post Re: A few suggestions
Turg,
Thanks for your detailed comments! Here are my thoughts:

1. Agreed. I just don't know how to do the spinner thing yet, but I will look into it.

2. Yep, someone had pointed that out in a review, and I have already fixed it. (it will be included in next release)

3. I can't seem to replicate this, but I've heard it from multiple people. I may just recode the stars a different way. If you can find any patter as to when this happens, so I can replicate it, that would be helpful.

4. This wasn't intentional, but was a bug created by another change in the software. I have corrected it and it will be fixed in the next release.

5&6: Good ideas. I'll probably make both changes.

Thanks again! I'll try to have an update out in a few days.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:30 pm
Post Re: A few suggestions
I like where this app is going. I already use it every day. Is there a way to see the Hotlist? I think it would be great to havw the multiadd feature from the website. It makes it easier to do a brain dump or when you are proceessing your inbox with a gtd system.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:43 am