It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

4.7 feedback 
Post 4.7 feedback
Wow! I really like it!

I was able to make the saved views tha I was looking for. Tankyou.

wish list:

sort by tags
show tags as headers in task list
make tasks disappear when checked
change UI so that my preferred view is the first thing I see
change UI so it is easier to switch between views

possible bugs:

the preferences menu item doesn't do any thing any more

Good work, I'll let you know if I have any more feedback

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 am
Post Re: 4.7 feedback
Possible bug:

after closing the app and restarting, my saved views disappeared.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am

I fixed the preferences bug, and the bug preventing views from being saved. Tasks now disappear from when completed, and it is a bit easier to load views - you now do so from the app menu. I will probably make a preference item where you can choose what saved view to start in to address that point. Sorting by tags (and showing tags in the list when sorting by tasks) will be done soon.

Let me know what you think of 0.4.9 when it is available (hopefully an hour or two).

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 am

0.4.10 was just submitted, and contains a preference for starting view and can sort by tags.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:44 pm
I'm loving the check of feature, and thanks for fixing the bugs.

I can't see 4.10 yet but will let you know.

As far as UI goes, can I offer the following suggestions

This makes navigation around the system much easier. Combined with the preference for start up view and/or start up in last view, I think that will make it very handy

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 pm
Here is what I had in mind for the headers

The way toodledoo handles headers is what ever criteria is in the first sort position, in this case tags, becomes the headers.

So I make tags for A, B, C, and Delegated then sort by tags, Toodledoo then puts the tag headers in there for me.

It does the same thing if I tell it to sort by due date, it puts the headers "today, tommorow, next 7 days, etc." in there.

This makes it easier to process and prioritize a long list of todos

Toodledo also has the option to hide and collapse the headers, I don't use either, but some people might.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:53 pm
I personally don't like the clutter of the "x tasks are hidden by the filter" text at the top of the screen.

My thinking is "I know they are hidden, that is how I set it up."

Perhaps making that an optional display item would be good, or maybe you only have it there for debugging purposes and will take it off later.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:56 pm
Man! Wow! This is very exciting!

I love this app, it really breathes new life into webOS for people concerned with using tasks.

I just tried 4.10, it is wonderful. The sorting by tags works great. To me, all the functionality I need is there, as far as I can tell. It is pretty close to being good enough to replace the web interface for me.

Then I will really be able to put it through its paces because I will use it as my daily tool.

I had another idea that I think would really make the UI slick.

When I have chosen a particular view (e.g., due date, saved views, folders, etc.) I think it would be really slick if in addition to selecting a tab (e.g., today, tomorrow, saved view 1, work folder, etc.) by tapping the popup list at the bottom (see my mock up above), if I could go to the next tab in the list by swiping left or right, similar to how you go to another day in the calendar, or app page on the launcher, that would be really awesome.

Imagine it! the app opens to my most commonly viewed tasks, then a quick swipe left or right quickly shows me my next most common tasks.

For me, I would have it load to my apps for today, and a quick swipe to the right would show me tasks for tomorrow, and a swipe to the left would show me my "Quadrant II" tasks (repeated tasks that keep my life balanced).

It would be amazing. What do you think? I think that functionality is built into mojo, but I am unsure.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:15 pm
I got to looking around and noticed that Agenda in the home brew catalog does the left and right swipe thing as well, but they use little < > arrows in the app header.

Personally, I like how it is done in the calendar better with the full swipe any where, but you might have to get rid of swipe to delete a task or it might get confused.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm

I feel like we lost some functionality (or at least ease of use) in the latest versions.

I liked seeing my list of folders, selecting a folder, and seeing everything in that folder, swiping back to see the list again, and picking another folder. If I'm remembering the previous version properly, to see a new folder, I just had to back swipe and select a folder (two motions). Doing this by modifying the filters seems tedious. Now I have to select Filter (kind of slow loading, at least with folder selection on), select a folder, unselect the prior folder, swipe back to view page (four motions not including the additional scrolling to unselect the previous folder). Doing this to look though several folders is a hassle. I like to browse through my tasks by folder, and the current version makes that more difficult.

The program is great. I'm just not happy with some of the latest interface changes.

Thanks.

Sat May 01, 2010 12:40 am