It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Long lists issue ? 

Post Long lists issue ?
Ethan,

I mentioned this previously, but I'm still seeing problems when I load my Toodledo data and the list is long (i.e. All Tasks list). It shows me a number of tasks, with the title "New Task" and if I tap one, it is an empty task. I have looked at Toodledo, and do not have any empty tasks.

If I scroll down, I see a number of starred "New Tasks" and then if I keep scrolling, I see blank list items - no title, no checkbox, no star - just blank lines with dividers separating them.

If I filter the list, then tasks show up.

[edit] I don't know what is different, but the tasks are now showing up correctly. However, the list only shows a portion of the total number of items and shows blank items if I scroll. This is probably an issue with the renderLimit attribute of your ListWidget.

Choosing the Help menu item kills the app.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 am

Post Re: Long lists issue ?
Hi Brian,
Thanks for this and your other posts. Done! is looking great and it looks like a lot of people use Myles so I appreciate all of your feedback.

On the long list issue: Can you tell me approximately how many tasks you have? I've tested with about 30-40, but I think you're right that the renderLimit may be an issue in the list. I'll try fiddling with renderLimit and lookahead to see if that helps, but I first need to add enough tasks to duplicate the issue. I have seen the issue where all the tasks show "New Task" sometimes if I'm in the task list, and perform a sync, but going back to another screen and then into the task list corrects the problem. (the bug still needs to be fixed, of course)

On the repeating task issue, could you tell me a little more about where you're seeing a problem. If I have a repeating (daily from due date) task synced between Toodler and Toodledo, then complete the task on Toodledo.com, then do a sync in Toodler (while in the task list - but I don't think it should matter which screen you're in), I see the task in toodler with the new due date and a "recently completed" task in Toodler with the old due date. Is that not happening for you? Or are you trying something else and I'm misunderstanding?

In terms of what else I'm working on, Toodler was kind of a side project for me as I was learning webOS in order to work with a couple of other guys on a multiplayer RTS game. None of us are much good when it comes to designing interfaces in webOS, or graphic design in general for that matter, but these seem to be some of your strong suits (in addition to webOS programming in general). I don't know if you're interested in games at all, but if you'd like to join or provide feedback on that project, send me a private message on this forum. It's not even in Beta yet, but we do have an (ugly) working game.

-Ethan

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 am

Hi Brian,
I was able to duplicate the long list issue. It looks like tasks stop displaying at [renderLimit + 2 * lookahead], which means those values don't really work like I thought they did based on Palm's documentation for Lists. (I thought the list would grab the next [lookahead] items whenever it was getting close to exceeding the renderLimit based on scrolling) In any case, I have set lookahead to 1000, so the list should now work with up to 2000 tasks. It didn't seem to have much of an effect on lag when scrolling the list, even with 200 tasks (the max I have tested).

Version 0.4.5 has been submitted with this change. Let me know if it solves your problem!

Thanks,
Ethan

Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:35 pm

ethan wrote:
Hi Brian,
On the repeating task issue, could you tell me a little more about where you're seeing a problem. If I have a repeating (daily from due date) task synced between Toodler and Toodledo, then complete the task on Toodledo.com, then do a sync in Toodler (while in the task list - but I don't think it should matter which screen you're in), I see the task in toodler with the new due date and a "recently completed" task in Toodler with the old due date. Is that not happening for you? Or are you trying something else and I'm misunderstanding?

I don't remember what I was saying about repeating tasks. I think I was asking about a problem I was having in Done! with repeating tasks, but that's been solved. So, never mind... :)

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:26 pm