It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Backing up Toodler List when ToodleDo sync is not reliable 

Post Backing up Toodler List when ToodleDo sync is not reliable
My syncs are not always working (some edits flow through to Toodledo and others do not) and I have already lost my data once. Is there a way to backup my lists other than ToodleDo? Can I select all somehow and copy my data into an email?

I have Toodler V0.4.20

Thank you,

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Post Re: Backing up Toodler List when ToodleDo sync is not reliable
I see you haven't received an answer, maybe if there is another poster it will get some attention! This is a great idea. Find a way to backup what we've entered on our phone, even if the sync doesn't work for some reason. Great idea for the next version! :)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:30 am

I switched to a different app that syncs with ToodleDo. Done! is $1.62 in the app catalog. It has a few quirks but not one of the quirks involves DELETING my tasks or not saving my changes! Done! really is a GREAT app.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm

I agree this is a good idea, and I do apologize to those that have lost data. Having lost my own data, I know how frustrating it can be. I will see about exporting data - would an export to a comma separated text file be helpful, which you could then email out?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:05 am

Seems like that would be good if it could be imported when thing were up and running again. I refer to my lists multiple times every day, so I'd need to use that exported data somehow untl I could import successfully. Thinking of it that way, it would be useful to be able to email a formatted to-do list to myself. It could serve as a handy printout and a way to have a hard copy backup. I was much more frustrated about having lost the ideas I entered rather than the work involved to re-enter. I am continually remembering additional things I had entered once.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:01 pm