It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Toodler not syncing anymore 

Post Toodler not syncing anymore
Hi,

I am using version 0.4.19 of Toodler and it gets stuck at the "Getting Local Tasks" stage of the syncing process... It was working OK and stopped suddenly after I added a few new local tasks (which I had done successfully including the synchronisation a few minutes before). I can still add or modify tasks locally after a restart of Toodler but it gets stuck each time I ask it to sync (even after a reboot of my Palm Pré+) be it over the 3G or Wi-Fi network.

Any idea of a solution to this problem?

-- Pierre.

Mon May 31, 2010 9:09 am

Post Re: Toodler not syncing anymore
Hi,
Yes, there is a bug in 0.4.19. Sorry about that. The paid version 0.4.20 has been submitted but is pending Palm approval. Beta 0.4.20 is available if you would like to use that in the meantime. http://developer.palm.com/webChannel/in ... re.toodler

-Ethan

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Thank you for your reactivity, it works fine with the beta 0.4.20 till now.

Regards and thank again for this killer application,

Pierre.

--
Pierre Boulet
http://www.lifl.fr/~boulet/blog/

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:22 am

I'm having this (or similar) in 4.20. The automatic sync-at-startup dashboard thingy appears and disappears again, but at least some tasks are not synced (not sure whether any are).
If I do "sync now", I get stuck with a spinner and "Getting Local Tasks".

It was working fine for me, stopped working today. I'm not sure why...

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help test.

EDIT: It *may* (and I'm far from certain) have been triggered by adding a task with long notes on the phone (long = ~30-35 lines). I've now deleted this task to see, and it hasn't solved anything.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:26 am

Could you try Beta 0.4.21 (just posted, should be available in an hour or two) and see if you have the same problems? http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/? ... re.toodler

If you are still experiencing the problem, could you tell me the following:

What time zone are you in? (I'm not sure if this is causing problems for some people)

How many total tasks do you think you have had in the last 6 months? (Toodledo.com keeps tasks for 6 months) If you have had 2000+ tasks (including each repeated task you have completed), there may be a limit Toodler is hitting. (One way to see this is to look at the history section on Toodledo.com) If this is the problem, I can try to get around the 2000 task limit.

Are you willing to create a free test account on Toodledo.com and see if you can replicate the issue there? If so, if you could send me the test account info after you have created a situation that causes the problem, that would be very helpful.

Thanks, and I apologize for the difficulties.

-Ethan

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 pm

I have got again the problem with v0.4.20 after modifying a few tasks on the phone and a week of correct behaviour. It is unlocked by re-entering the login information at the price of the loss of the unsynchronized modifications. I will try the new beta as soon as it become available.

FYI I am in France (GMT+1 DST).

--
Pierre Boulet
http://www.lifl.fr/~boulet/blog/

Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 am

ethan wrote:
Could you try Beta 0.4.21 (just posted, should be available in an hour or two) and see if you have the same problems? http://developer.palm.com/appredirect/? ... re.toodler

Sorry for the silence - I've been away. Yes, I still have the same problem in 0.4.21 beta. It is reproducible in that it happens every time I try to sync, but later today I'll probably re-enter my account info to discard the local changes, and I've no idea whether it will reoccur after that.

ethan wrote:
If you are still experiencing the problem, could you tell me the following:

What time zone are you in? (I'm not sure if this is causing problems for some people)

I'm in London. At present, that's UTC+1.

ethan wrote:
How many total tasks do you think you have had in the last 6 months? (Toodledo.com keeps tasks for 6 months) If you have had 2000+ tasks

I only started using toodledo in order to try out Toodler (and Done), so well under 2000. Probably in the order of 60-100.

ethan wrote:
Are you willing to create a free test account on Toodledo.com and see if you can replicate the issue there? If so, if you could send me the test account info after you have created a situation that causes the problem, that would be very helpful.

Unfortunately, I don't know what caused the issue! I'm going to try wiping the local data and see if it happens again over the next day or three. If it does, maybe I can pin down what causes it, and in that case I'll do as you ask :-)

Thanks for your help - IMHO Toodler isn't *quite* good enough for running one's life on yet, but its getting close :-)
-Simon.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:23 am

I'm not sure why my second reply yesterday didn't show... possibly an anti-flooding system on the forum.

Just to report that on the Palm when it was giving trouble, I found some unexplained tasks called "Tester##", where ## is a one- or two- digit number. There was "Tester0" to "Tester99" and then the same again. These were not on Toodledo.

I've now removed the local info, synced again, manually entered what was lost, and all is fine. I'll report back if it happens again.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:17 am

Thanks for the updates. If you see any patterns, please do let me know. As for the Tester## tasks, that is an accident - I left in some testing code so that when you click on "About Toodler" it adds 100 tasks (which is helpful when I wanted to test having lots of tasks). This should only occur in the latest beta (I hope).

Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:45 pm

I have the same problem. I entered about 3 local tasks and mine gets stuck in the same place. I am using the .20 version. I only have a few tasks as I have just begun using this program a few days ago. Waiting to see a solution posted! :)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:27 am