It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Toodler Beta 0.4.18 Released 

Post Toodler Beta 0.4.18 Released
Toodler Beta 0.4.18 was posted last night. The new version contains mostly bugfixes related to topics being discussed on this forum.

Wed May 19, 2010 8:44 am

Post Re: Toodler Beta 0.4.18 Released
Here is my feedback,

I installed it and it asked for my credentials again, that was odd
When I started it, it did no sync
I uninstalled and reinstalled it, the sync appeared to stall
I restarted it and the tasks were there fine

It opened for the first time to Saved Views /Last View which may be an odd place to see the first time you install the app. Could be good because it introduces the concept of saved views, an alternative is all (though all is what appears to be displaying).

The second level sorting is still in reverse order. See the screen shots below.

Attachment:
Picture 8.png
Picture 8.png [ 324.4 KiB | Viewed 15038 times ]

Attachment:
toodler_2010-19-05_070059.png
toodler_2010-19-05_070059.png [ 63.55 KiB | Viewed 15038 times ]

Attachment:
toodler_2010-19-05_070111.png
toodler_2010-19-05_070111.png [ 61.95 KiB | Viewed 15038 times ]

Attachment:
toodler_2010-19-05_070825.png
toodler_2010-19-05_070825.png [ 37.96 KiB | Viewed 15036 times ]

Changing the header button titles when creating a new saved view works great

Switching subviews when first opening the app works great

All of my tasks are there now

I'll have to check at different times of the day to see if my tasks disappear depending on the time

Bug: Changed view to folders/success, clicked on filters button but made no changes, swiped back and no tasks displayed

Bug: create a saved view that shows due today and overdue tasks, Set a daily repeat from due date on a task, set the due date to 3 days ago, the task should show in the today and overdue view, check off the task, it will disappear, But the new due date will be two days over due still and should still be displayed in the today and overdue tasks view, it also disappears from the folders list, and does not come back after multiple syncs, I can provide screenshots if you need.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 am

Thanks, Ethan, will be taking a look at this soon.

I did want to mention one curious issue which I'm wondering if it's happening to others. It's about the Toodler Beta icon. When I go to download the beta from the beta feed, I see a little "B" in a circle in the lower right corner of the icon. However, when I download it, the B is missing and the icon still looks identical to the full version. I actually delete the previous beta and redownload from scratch rather than do an update, but still have this issue. I noticed it also for .17 but didn't say anything at that point. Not a big issue but I am curious to know if ANYONE is getting the icon with the "B"...

Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am

Just to back up Japomani, the initial sync does seem to just stay on the summary screen when done vs. going back to a regular view. I don't know if part of this was intentional so one could actually see the summary to make sure everything synced, but if so, it would probably be better to have some more obvious way to get back to the views, and the back swipe currently doesn't do this from this screen.

I tried syncing subsequently and it doesn't do this, so it appears to be only for the initial sync, or maybe it will happen if I change something... Nope, just added a task in Toodler, synced again, and it never went to the summary screen at all... but it did sync it.

Wed May 19, 2010 9:28 am

Here is my new wish list:
    Reverse the priority list order in the drop down select list
    Include a full featured date picker like in toodledo
    Include preference for which task data is displayed in list view
    Include preference for which options are available in task details page
    Allow for basic HTML rendering like toodledo
    Link to notes on task in list view

Cosmetics:
    Top justify rather than center justify the drop down view selectors
    Shorten the top buttons (see mock up viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58)
    Throw some graphic elements in for cosmetics (the mock up is a suggestion)

Bugs:
    Initial sync has issues
    Visiting filter page and returning to list without making changes leaves task list blank
    Completing long overdue daily tasks makes them disappear entirely from pre, even after sync, instead of moving them to next day

Possible ideas:
    Stacked controls area to limit clutter and place key functionality on the main scene
    Swipe pages left and right (or arrow buttons like Agenda app) to switch subviews
    Open app to All on first use rather than Saved Views/Last view

Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 am

@japomani: Yes, this version contained a change to the database (to store folder orders), so it requires entering account info again and re-downloading all tasks. I should have pointed that out in the announcement. I didn't think it would affect saved views, but it's possible I did change something in the preferences which would lose your preference for starting view (and also for sync on start). Hopefully you didn't lose all the views you have saved, though. I'll look into dvdmon's suggestion about why the sync appeared to stall the first time. I'll keep looking into some of the other bugs you're having with repeating tasks and tasks not showing up in the correct due date category.

@dvdmon: Thanks for mentioning the icon issue - I think I know how to fix it. I only uploaded the new icon when submitting the app, rather than also switching the icon in the app, which I think I need to do. I'll do that for the next version.

Wed May 19, 2010 10:10 am

I have a task that didn't sync right

On the pre I changed the date from yesterday to the 20th

after syncing though toodledo says

Folder: Home
Context: No Context
Goal: No Goal
Start: no date
Due: Yesterday
Repeat: Daily
Length:
Timer: [start timer]
Priority: 0 Low
[delete task]
Add Note

Wed May 19, 2010 10:25 am

So, it is the afternoon, I cleared out all the today and success tasks so I can't tell how they are doing.

However, the tomorrow screen is much different.

Here they are

Attachment:
toodler_2010-19-05_183646.png
toodler_2010-19-05_183646.png [ 27.04 KiB | Viewed 15024 times ]

Attachment:
Picture 10.png
Picture 10.png [ 295.49 KiB | Viewed 15024 times ]

It appears that the tomorrow filter is actually showing two days from now. I checked the time and date on my pre, they are right. Could pre be getting it's time and date info from some where 6 or more hours ahead?

Wed May 19, 2010 8:41 pm

well, yesterday my lists were working nearly perfect after a fresh install and new sync. But today it is hammered. It seems like toodler cannot read dates that have been moved forward, either manually or with a repeat. Here are the images

Attachment:
Picture 11.png
Picture 11.png [ 324.86 KiB | Viewed 15021 times ]

Attachment:
toodler_2010-20-05_063707.png
toodler_2010-20-05_063707.png [ 53.52 KiB | Viewed 15021 times ]

Thu May 20, 2010 9:13 am