It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Toodler Beta 0.4.17 Released 

Post Re: Toodler Beta 0.4.17 Released
@houseband: Thanks for pointing that out - Toodler should now order folders in the same order you have them on Toodledo in all future versions.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:04 pm

@japomani: On the issue with the subview not working on startup - good catch. I have fixed that.

On the issue of a repeating daily task that is 3 days old not showing up when you complete it - it works for me after a sync. It will disappear until the next sync, at which time the new task with the new due date shows up for me. If you had sync'ed and it still didn't show up, perhaps try it again when the new version comes out (later tonight, hopefully)

Tue May 18, 2010 5:08 pm

@japomani: sorting by priority works in the right order for me. Are you sure you set the ascending/descending correctly in the sort view?

Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 pm

@dvdmon: Creating a saved view will now update the view and subview buttons per your request. I also like your idea of highlighting the filter button if filters (and sorts?) are in effect, but it's a little bit tricky because saved views are just a collection of sorts and filters, so I'd have to compare the current sorts to the last chosen saved view to see if they differ, which could be confusing to a user. I think it may be more intuitive to highlight the sort or filter button if ANY sort or filter is active, including a sort or filter from the last chosen saved view. I'm not sure, though.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Quote:
@japomani: sorting by priority works in the right order for me. Are you sure you set the ascending/descending correctly in the sort view?

I guess that depends on what ascending and descending mean. I have it set to ascending, that was the default. Ascending places my lowest priority items at the top (though ascending placed my tags in alphabetical order, a to z, as I would expect.) I could not find a setting for direction in toodledo, I just notice that they are opposite of each other and sometimes two in the middle are switched.

I would think that it should default to displaying the same as toodledo.

To be specific, the top tier sort is tags, the second tier sort is priority. Tags sorts fine, priority is in reverse.

I'll look at it closer in the morning (hopefully with a new version) when I have tasks again. It is the afternoon so all my tasks are not displaying because of the time zone thing, they should be back in the morning.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 pm

It's true that Toodledo.com doesn't allow choosing whether you want to sort ascending or descending, but since Toodler does, I think it is right the way it is. Ascending means from lowest to highest, so a-Z, 0-9, low-top, etc. It should work the way you want if you choose descending, right? I could have Toodler select descending by default when priority is chosen, but I think that might confuse some people because they might not notice it switched.

Thu May 20, 2010 6:09 pm

K, mystery solved

Thu May 20, 2010 7:16 pm

I can see your point, however, the user confusion is more likely to come in that priority is listed in the opposite order of every other priority system, with the highest priority presented first. That is out outlook, toodler, RTM, DateBk6, pocket informant, agendus, ect. work.

But, it is not a bug, and the user can change it if they like so it doesn't really matter.

Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm