It is currently Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Toodler Beta 0.4.14 Released 

Post Toodler Beta 0.4.14 Released
Toodler Beta 0.4.14 was just submitted. I wasn't able to work everything we had discussed on the forum in due to time constraints, but it contains the following changes:

• Dividers when sorting
  • Tasks with no value in the sorted field are shown last
  • Completing a task no longer shows "loading..." to reduce flicker
  • The subview or "choice" menu automatically pops up when a view is selected
  • Subview or "choice" menus now have an option for "no project/context/goal/duedate, etc"
  • Current views and choices are indicated in the popups with a green icon

Keep the feedback coming! I'm particularly interested to hear from people still having sync issues. Thanks!

Wed May 12, 2010 8:49 am

Post Re: Toodler Beta 0.4.14 Released
Some great changes, thanks!

Playing with the menu, I discovered that when you pick a view and then the secondary pop up menu comes up for you to select a subview, you can click away from the menu and it will put you back at the view you were on previously, however, when you go back to the view menu, it has the green dot on the view that you had selected, rather than the old view.

Let me give an example because the terminology is a little shaky. So I hit the view button and pick hotlist. It immediately presents me with a new view with just one task on it. No popup menu because there are no subviews, great! Now I hit the view button again, and it correctly puts the green dot next to the Hotlist menu item. This time, though, I select Saved Views. The subview (or Choice as you call it) popup menu becomes visible with my saved views. This time I don't actually pick one of the views, but touch outside of the menu and the menu goes away. The previous view (hotlist) remains (just one task), as it should. Now I click on the view button one more time and this time the green button is next to Saved Views.

I understand what's happening here, and I'm sure you do do - it seems that the selection of the main view is getting saved when you pick it, but then not picking a subview should revert that "selected view field" or whatever it is back to the original, whereas right now it doesn't.

Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 am

I thought I'd also do a quick shout out for another feature that I've been waiting for for a while, since it's somewhat important to how I do things on Toodledo - can you please add time length as a sort option at the next convenient time? Thanks!

Wed May 12, 2010 10:20 am

The file I download from the beta feed is 4.13, not 4.14, how do I get the new one? Preware says it is 4.14, but toodler and the beta feed description say 4.13

Wed May 12, 2010 10:58 am

@japomani: Maybe just give it some more time? The palm site still shows 0.4.13, but in the app catalog on my phone I see the update for 0.4.14 available....

@dvdmon: Thanks for catching the issue with the menus - I forgot to take that into account, but I'll fix it. As for the length, I promise it's coming! :-) Soon! (Maybe tonight.)

Wed May 12, 2010 11:12 am

You can also get it by going to the app catalog and clicking on the little shopping bag icon at the bottom to bring up "My Apps" and then once it polls to see if there are updates it will present an "install updates" button. That's how I did it this morning...

Wed May 12, 2010 11:14 am

That did it, thanks!

Wed May 12, 2010 11:31 am